The high noon sun is beating down on my messy ponytail while I hide behind a weathered tractor tire. The rock gravel grinds into my scraped knees as I scrunch down, hoping not to be seen. As IT approaches, I hold my breath, hoping I won’t be found, paranoid IT can hear my rapid heartbeat. Please don’t see me, please don’t see me, please don’t see me….
Tag, one of those childhood playground games that all kids loved. Well, all kids but me. I was not what you would call a tag enthusiast. Mostly because I was not a fast, nimble child. A game of tag to me became a strange strategy session, trying to run out the recess clock while avoiding the dreaded tag at all costs.
So when my blogging friend irishkatie tagged me in an online version of tag, my first reaction was to freak out. Then I remembered I wasn’t 10 anymore and my heart rate went back to normal. Katie has been a great find in the blogging world, a truly great soul. I was happy and honored. Truly honored. Of all the bloggers out there in the wordpress world, Katie chose to pick me to tag. Then I was worried. As I was reading the game of tag rules and regulations (there seem to be a lot of rules and regs…), I started to freak out a little bit. Most of my days are a non-stop roller coaster of work, kids homework, household maintenance, and kids activities, days that pass in a blur as I dream of getting to my couch. My stomach tightened up with anxiety thinking of when I would actually get time to respond properly to this tagging and give Katie the thanks she deserved.
Luckily, the nature gods decided to drop 9 inches of snow on the great state of Nebraska, blessing those of us in education with the gift of a snow day. After sleeping in, cleaning out all the messy closets and junk drawers, then cuddling with the kiddos for a movie, I hunkered down with my laptop to finally crank out my reply. So here goes…..
First I’m supposed to post the rules. (I’m a rule follower, so I’m going to do as told.)
1. Post rules. 2. Post a picture. 3. Post 11 random facts about myself. 4. Answer the questions given to you in your tag. 5. Tag others. 6. Create 11 questions for those tagged. 7. Notify those you have tagged.
Number 1 done. Here’s number two.
I’m going to spoil number 5, and mention one of my tags now. Anka is a wonderful fellow blogging friend who honored my last month by making me a “Bon-A-Fide Mommy” and linking me on her blog. She is a great blogger who is Keeping it Real all the time, plus we freakishly have too much in common!
Eleven random facts… 1. My favorite movie is Say Anything. “A pen. I gave her my heart and she gave me a pen.” 2. I have a pencil collection. They were the cheapest souvenir when on vacation, so I always knew I could get one. 3. I loved the cartoon Garfield so much I named my cat Odie. (Don’t judge.) 4. I had a pet beta fish that thought he was a dog. No seriously, he chased his tail in the bowl and swam to the top when you called him. Oh, and his name was Fluffy. 5. I drink coffee at night, while I’m falling asleep. Apparently caffeine has no effect on me. 5. My first concert was New Kids on the Block in 1989. 6. My favorite concert was New Kids on the Block in 2008. (Again, don’t judge.) 7. I get up at 5 am everyday and run. I have issues. 8. I’m obsessive compulsive about having a clean house. I will put things away my family is still working with. No really, I can not stand water spots on my sink. It’s a sickness. 9. I love fall because I love wearing sweatshirts with shorts and FOOTBALL! I order the Red Zone every year and watch football all day Saturday and Sunday. 10. I wear crazy socks everyday, to every event, and they usually don’t match what I’m wearing. 11. I swear like a sailor.
Next…Answering Katie’s questions.
- 6.1. How do you think you and I met? I don’t know. I think I saw your blog mentioned on someone else’s so I clicked the link and found a friend.
- 6.2. How long do you think you will be blogging here? I hope for a while. I’ve kept it up over a year now, so I think I’m doing good so far!
- 6.3. Whether you like math or not, what do you think is one cool thing about math? I like Math because Math has a definite answer.
- 6.4. Whether you believe we are alone in the universe or not, does believing what you do comfort you? Yes, very much. My faith gives me very much comfort.
- 6.5. What is an embarrassing thing that happened to you since the beginning of 2013? Sending a text to the wrong person!
- 6.6. What is something you have done since the beginning of 2013 that you are proud of? I made Chicken Pot Pie from scratch last weekend…and the fam LOVED it!
- 6.7. What did you dream about last night? I can’t tell you, you’ll blush….
- 6.8. We’ve all seen the, ‘What 5 people would you want a dinner party?’ question. Say you got all 5 there, what would you serve for dinner? Steak and mashed potatoes, corn bread with honey, corn on the cob.
- 6.9. Can you give the next in the sequence? OTTFFS Um, no…..
- 6.10. All of you that I have tagged loved to write. What kind of writing do you like to do? I like to tell stories from my life about situations that I found funny. As I’m writing, I’m hoping that you all will find them funny too!
- 6.11. What makes you happy when you are feeling down? Singing at the top of my lungs in my car. I’m really good…I think.
Here’s where my lack of tech knowledge will come into play. I hope these links work.
Ok, I promise, I’m almost done. Here are my questions.
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. Biggest, yet to be accomplished, dream?
3. Biggest fear?
4. Biggest failure?
5. Biggest regret?
6. Secret crush?
7. Favorite color?
8. Team who?
9. Worst fashion faux pas?
10. Secret food you love, but would never admit to others?
11. If you had one day to yourself, no chores or errands to do, what would you do?
And exhale… I’m finally no longer IT. Whew! No tag back! 😉